For the last 14 years, Trader Joe’s has asked customers the same question: “If you were to spend the rest of your life on a deserted island, which nine Trader Joe’s products would you take with you?” The most requested items become the winners of the Customer Choice Awards and this year, there were more than 18-thousand responses for the nine categories.
This year, TJ’s added a twist by retiring five of their products that have won many times in multiple categories to make room for some new ones to have their moment in the spotlight. They’re honoring favorites including Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo, Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets, and its Mandarin Orange Chicken by placing them in the new Trader Joe's Hall of Fame.
The 14th Annual Customer Choice Awards Winners include:
- #1 OVERALL: Chili & Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips, which also takes first place in the snack category. Runners-up in the best overall category are TJ’s Hashbrowns in second, followed by Steamed Chicken Soup Dumplings, Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend and in fifth place, 4 Chocolate Croissants.
- The top beverage overall is the Sparkling Honeycrisp Apple Juice Beverage.
- The number one cheese is Trader Joe’s Cheddar with Caramelized Onions.
- Butter Chicken with Basmati Rice takes first place in the entree category.
- Number one in the sweet/dessert category is Hold the Cone! Mini Ice Cream Cones
- And in first place for the vegan/vegetarian category is the Kale and Cashew Pesto.